If you’re coming to Australia from Europe, Asia or America you might feel that the price of a pint (or schooner) can seem a little pricey. You should be able to hit the town once in a while and enjoy yourself with your mates, but maybe you feel that you need to curb your spending?
Well, you don't need to sacrifice too much as most hotels and bars have great deals during the week if you hunt them out. Don't worry either, it doesn't mean your big night out needs to be on a Monday! Friday night is big on the Sydney social scene, particularly with the after-work crowd and tourists in the city; so many establishments are looking to bring in the most customers with some great deals.
Here are just five pubs in and around Sydney offering some great deals on eating and drinking!
- The Crows Nest Hotel - 1 Willoughby Rd, Crows Nest - or "The Crowie" is an icon of the North Shore and Friday nights are jumping with live bands and dance music. It's a relaxed, unpretentious pub where you can relax and have a great night. Fridays offer $5 Sol beers from 5pm until 8pm and Wednesday night is student night with $10 beer jugs and monthly themed nights.
- P.J. O'Brien's - 57 King St, Sydney - in the city is the place to go if you're missing the Emerald Isle and in need of a Guinness and traditional roast dinner. On Friday nights, beers and spirits are $5 and if you get there early enough you can score some complimentary free nibbles before they run out.
- The Cheers Bar - 561 George St, Sydney - on George Street is a non-pretentious pub and a great place to catch up on some sport on the TV screens. RnB and dance music is the go on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays with $3.50 drink specials.
- Jacksons on George - 176 George St, Sydney - on The Rocks end of George Street has several bars so you will be sure to find one to suit your tastes. There is happy hour every day between 5pm and 7pm where you can get a cocktail jug for $10 and beer jugs for $9.50. Sundays offer $4 giant pints and you can play a game of pool for $1.
- The Kirribilli Hotel - 37 Broughton St, Milsons Point - is a popular after work pub which serves great food to boot. Every Friday "The Billi" offers $5 selected beers and wines and you can enter to win a $50 bar tab which should see you through a couple of rounds!
These are just a few of the deals on offer near Furnished Property’s great locations across Sydney. When you stay at Furnished Property’s furnished apartments, you’ll have plenty of dollars at the end of the week to have a great night out that won't leave your wallet empty the morning after!