Australia has a very high quality of food and what visitors to Sydney know is that this city is the place to hunt out a great steak dinner. Succulent, juicy steaks to satisfy the biggest of appetites are all available here! Here are five places to have a steak in Sydney from a fantastic pub meal to something a bit more special..
- Hurricanes in Darling Harbour if a favourite amongst locals for delicious steaks. If you are craving a Fred Flintstone size dino steak then this is the place to come! The menu contains steaks from small to gigantic, mixed with chicken and ribs. For a big appetite why not try the half rack of ribs with a steak? You won't need to eat for a day or two after coming here! The atmosphere is buzzing and the constant queues outside for tables lets you know the food is good. Bookings are essential if you don't want to wait until 9 p.m. to eat. A meal is approximately $30-$35 for a main.
- Want something a little more formal? Then head to Kingsleys Steak & Crabhouse which is a great restaurant with wonderful views of the harbour. Here you can enjoy the finest cuts from rib eye to New York strip and if money is no object you can send your taste buds to heaven with the Wagyu rib on the bone. For those that don't like steak, these guys are the crab masters serving up Alaskan, king and mud crab as well.
- For some good old Australian pub steak head to the Hotel Mosman which has been serving up its famous porterhouse steak with mash for years at a great price. You can choose from a range of sauces but the indulgent bearnaise sauce which goes great with the smooth creamy mash.
- The Buena Vista Hotel also in Mosman, has great steak choices usually between $25-$30. If you're picky about how your steak is done, you can cook it yourself or get the chefs to do it for you. The portions are large and the steak is tender, what more could you ask for?
- The iconic hotel, The Oaks, in Neutral Bay has its own steakhouse. You can choose your own steak (they even serve up kangaroo steaks) and cook it on the BBQs with a beer in hand like a true Aussie. This place gets busy on a Friday night and even busier in summer so get in early if you want a table! Steak meals start at about $25.
Part of the fun is seeking out the restaurant or pub to find the best steak.The best thing about staying at Furnished Property furnished apartments in Sydney is that you'll always be close enough to explore Sydney's best steak restaurants and pubs.